Current Affairs 2019-20
Cabinet released Rs 627.40 crore fund for 10 projects under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme
🗓️ 27th December 2019
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has released the funds of Rs 627.40 crore for 10 projects sanctioned during 2018-19 under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- Meanwhile, the cabinet also approved Rs 1854.67 crores for sanctioning new projects during 2019-20 under this scheme.
- Initial Budget: from 2017-18 till 2019-20 - an outlay of Rs. 5048 Crore was sanctioned.
- EFC has recommended that sanctions for new projects in the period 2017-2020 shall be restricted to Rs. 2500 Crore.
Details of Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- It is a Central Sector Scheme under the Ministry of Tourism.
- It aims to integrate the development of theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
- It was launched in 2014-15.
- Purpose: Position tourism as a major engine of economic growth and job creation; Enhance employment opportunities and; Enhance tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner .
Number of Circuits to be developed:
Under the scheme, thirteen thematic circuits have been identified, for development:
- North-East India Circuit
- Buddhist Circuit
- Himalayan Circuit
- Coastal Circuit
- Krishna Circuit
- Desert Circuit
- Tribal Circuit
- Eco Circuit
- Wildlife Circuit
- Rural Circuit
- Spiritual Circuit
- Ramayana Circuit
- Heritage Circuit
- Tirthankar Circuit and
- Sufi Circuit
At the time of launch number of circuits was only 5, by 2017 more circuits (10) were added making them 15.
The focus of the scheme
The focus under the scheme is to develop public facilities like-
- Last-Mile connectivity
- Tourist reception Centers
- Wayside Amenities
- Solid Waste Management
- Illumination, Landscaping, parking, etc.
Month: Current Affairs – December 2019
Categories: National News
Important Points: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Swadesh Darshan Scheme, Central Sector Scheme, Ministry of Tourism, Tourist reception Centers, last mile connectivity, Way side Amenities, Solid Waste Management
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A