Current Affairs 2019-20
December Spotlight 2020
🗓️ December 2020
1. India and France launched a bilateral fast track mechanism in investments.
2. International Solar Alliance (ISA) has started work on its ‘ISA Care’ program to provide 24X7 electricity to the hospitals of each district of least developed member countries.
- The program was announced in October 2020 during the 3rd Assembly of ISA.
- 500 hospitals across 47 of the least developed (LDC) and small island developing member countries will run on solar energy in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- ISA director general – Upendra Tripathy.
- ISA member – 88 (70 countries have ratified it).
3. India’s first memorial for organ donors has been established at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
4. Central Government has constituted the 17-member Apex Committee for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (AIPA).
- Chair – Secretary of Ministry of Environment (Incumbent: Mr Rameshwar Prasad Gupta)
- AIPA will implement India’s NDCs and communicate and report the progress to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- The AIPA will also act as a national authority for the regulation of carbon markets in India under the Article 6.2, Article 6.4 and Article 6.8 of the Paris Agreement.
5. 19th meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of Governments was hosted by India virtually, chaired by Vice President of the India M. Venkaiah Naidu.
- Turkmenistan was invited as the chief guest by India.
- SCO Digital Exhibition on Common Buddhist Heritage in New Delhi was opened. India will hold the Festival of National Cuisine of the SCO Member States.
- Uzbekistan will hold an International Conference on Combating Poverty in 2021.
- SCO Startup Forum (October 27, 2020, in videoconference format) was hosted by the India.
- Proposals made: Special Working Group on Innovation and Startups (by India), SCO Forum on Traditional Medicine (India), a mechanism for the meeting of the Heads of bodies to combat economic crimes (by Kyrgyz Republic) and the Special Working Group on Poverty Reduction (Pakistan).
- India has proposed to host the SCO Food Festival in 2021.
- India’s National Chapter in the SCO Business Council, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has proposed to organize an annual SCO MSME Bazaar and to establish a digital SCO MSME Center.
6. Aditya School of Sports in Kadambgachi on the outskirts of Barasat in West Bengal has been named after Diego Maradona (Argentinian football legend) where he was last seen in action in India.
- New name – Diego Maradona Aditya School of Sports Cricket Stadium.
- This is the first-ever cricket stadium in the Maradona’s name.
7. Consulting firm HexGn and AFC India have partnered to promote agriculture-related entrepreneurship in India and promote 1,000 agritech start-ups in the country over the next five years.
- AFC India (formerly Agricultural Finance Corporation Ltd) is wholly-owned by commercial banks, NABARD and EXIM Bank.
8. Rolls-Royce (British aerospace and defence company) and Infosys (Bengaluru) have partnered for mutual cooperation in the field of civil aerospace manufacturing.
- Rolls-Royce President for India and South Asia – Kishore Jayaraman
- L&T has also announced to sell its UK-based marine automation company Servowatch Systems Ltd to Rolls-Royce.
Current Affairs 2019-20
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A