Current Affairs 2020-21
December Spotlight 2019
🗓️ December 2019
1. 2+2 India-Japan Foreign and Defence Ministerial Dialogue was held in New Delhi to boost bilateral security and defense cooperation and to strengthen “India-Japan Special Strategic and Global Partnership”.
• Progress made under India’s ‘Act East Policy’ and Japan’s ‘Free and Open Indo-Pacific Vision’ policies will be discussed at the meeting.
2. MITRA SHAKTI–VII 2019 – joint army exercise between India and Sri Lanka has started at Pune, Maharashtra.
3. Ministry of Minority Affairs, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, has signed an agreement with Saudi Haj Minister Dr. Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten, to completely digitalize the process of Haj Pilgrimage.
- With this, India has become the first country in the world to 100% digitalize Haj.
- Apps like e-Visa, Haj Mobile App, e-MAISHA (e-Medical Assistance System for Indian Pilgrims Abroad) health facility, e-luggage pre-tagging will be used for providing prior information to Indian Haj pilgrims.
- Haj Group organizers (HGO) have also been linked to the 100% digital tax portal.
4. A two-day Regional Conference on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat’ was organized in Jammu by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG- under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions) in association with Tamil Nadu and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Implemented in 2016 by PM Narendra Modi to increase cultural ties between states of India.
- ‘Sahyog Sankalp’ resolution was also adopted at the conference.
- Tamil Nadu, J&K and Ladakh are the pair for hosting events (focussed on Jal Shakti and Disaster Management) to promote each other’s cultures in 2020.
5. 30th edition of Konark festival was organized in Odisha to promote the art, culture and tradition of the state.
- Theme: eco-tourism, culture, Fairs, women empowerment, and no to plastic and heritage.
- Another festival: 8th edition of International Sand Art Festival 2019 has also commenced in Chandrabhaga beach, Odisha.
- Renowned sand artist Sudarshan Patnaik is the brand ambassador and chief curator of this festival.
6. 20th edition of Hornbill festival has been organized in Kohima (capital of Nagaland) by Nagaland govt.
- Purpose: It aims to promote the tradition and culture of Nagaland to increase tourism.
- CM of Nagaland is Neiphiu Rio.
7. 8th edition of HAND-IN-HAND joint training exercise between India and China will be held in Umroi, Meghalaya.
- Theme for the exercise: counter-terrorism under United Nations mandate.
8. 2nd annual India-Bhutan Development Cooperation talks was organized in New Delhi.
- India has committed Rs 4,500 crores assistance for development projects of Bhutan and Rs 400 crores support for transitional trade support facility during Bhutan’s 12th Five Year Plan (2018-2023).
- Next Development Cooperation Talks 2020 will be held in Thimphu, Bhutan.
Current Affairs 2019-20
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A