Current Affairs 2019
February Spotlight 2020
🗓️ February 2020
1. Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has taken over the process of issuing and managing International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) numbers of 15 digit from Mobile Standard Alliance of India (MSAI).
- DoT will change the IMEI and rename it as “Indian Counterfeited Device Restriction”
(ICDR) to ban the import of fake IMEI numbers.
- It has been prepared by the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT).
- ICDR has been launched on the Central Equipment Identity Register’s (CEIR) web portal.
2. According to the 9th annual Traffic Index report released by TomTom (Dutch navigation and mapping company), India has 4 out of top 10 most congested cities in the world.
- It covers 416 cities across 57 countries on 6 continents.
- Parameter – free-flow travel times of all vehicles on the entire road network all time.
- Bengaluru is at the top position.
3. Google has given $1 million grant to Internews (non-profit organization) for promoting news literacy in India. (this is covered in Jan spotlight).
4. Andhra Pradesh has launched the ‘YSR Pension Kanuka’– a doorstep pension delivery – scheme to deliver pension at the doorsteps of the beneficiaries aged 60 years.
- Disabled people will get Rs 3,000 per month and people affected with Dialysis will receive Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 per month.
5. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced that Ministry of Civil Aviation will launch the Krishi Udan scheme to assist farmers in transporting agricultural products.
6. Indian Navy has conducted the exercise ‘Matla Abhiyaan’ (named after Matla River in West Bengal) in West Bengal to spread awareness about coastal security.
7. In 2019, Uttar Pradesh had launched the one product one district scheme to promote MSME products to make UP a $1 trillion economy by 2024.
- Under the scheme, every district of a state has been developed into a specialized signature industry.
8. India and Maldives have signed five MoU for establishing the Addu Tourism zone in five islands of Addu (Maldives) at a cost of $2.49 million.
- Also, sixth MoU to set up a bottled water plant in Hoarafushi (Maldives) was also signed.
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A