Current Affairs 2019
February Spotlight 2019
🗓️ February 2019
1. Smart Village Campaign was approved by Punjab Government to supplement the ongoing works to build village infrastructure and provide essential amenities.
Smart Village Campaign would be financed with funds from the 14th Financial Commission and MGNREGA works.
As per the scheme, individual works up to Rs 25 Lakhs would be considered and those individual whose work cost above this would be needing the approval from state-level committee.
2. Construction of six submarines worth 40 thousand crore rupees was approved by Defence Acquisitions Council.
It is the second project aiming to boost the government’s ‘Make in India’ program.
Make in India was launched to encourage companies to manufacture their products in India and enthuse with dedicated investments into manufacturing.
The first project was the acquisition of 111 utility helicopters for the Navy.
3. According to the National Sample Survey Office’s (NSSO) Periodic Labour Force survey (PLFS), India’s unemployment rate was at a 45-year high of 6.1 percent during 2017-18.
According to the report, among rural males and females between 15 and 29 years of age, unemployment stood at 17 percent and 13.6 percent respectively.
4. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) proposed three models through which the states can implement the scheme – Insurance Model, Trust-based Model, Hybrid Model.
Insurance model: the premiums are paid to the insurance company, which administers and pays the claim.
Trust based model: Each state forms its own trust to manage the scheme and claims will be disbursed from a corpus created from central and state government contributions.
Hybrid model: comes under the insurance model while the balance gets processed under the trust.
5. The Swadesh Darshan project was inaugurated in Sikkim for the first time under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism.
Under this Project, the Ministry has developed tourism infrastructure facilities like Meditation Centre, Tourist Information Centre etc.
6. ISRO launched the Human Space Flight Centre in Bengaluru.
The Human Space Flight Centre will implement the first development flight of Gaganyaan Project.
Gaganyaan is India’s first manned space mission which has been accorded highest Priority by ISRO.
7. The Defence Acquisition Council has approved the acquisition of 5,000 Milan-2T anti-tank missiles from France.
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) was constituted to ensure a fair defence procurement planning process.
An Anti-Tank missile is aimed at destroying the vehicles that are heavily armoured.
Milan Munitions consists of the missile in waterproof launch tube.
8. Assam occupied the top slot in the ranking of Best Practices in Budget Formulation, according to the survey by Transparency International.
The survey is based on the four parameters: i. Public Disclosureii. Budgetary processiii. Post budget fiscal management iv. Efforts to make budget more transparent and citizen friendly.
The states which figured lower in the ranking were Meghalaya, Manipur and Punjab.States Ranks Assam 1 Andhra Pradesh 2 Odisha 3
9. Transparency International is an international non-governmental organization based in Berlin, Germany.
10. The 12th Edition of Aero India 2019 will be held at Air Force Station at Yelahanka in Bengaluru.
It aims to provide a platform in bolstering business opportunities in the International Aviation Sector.
The Aero India 2019 has a tagline “The Runway to a Billion Opportunities” and has a logo inspired by the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A