Current Affairs 2019-20
January Spotlight 2019
🗓️ January 2019
1. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi embarked on a day long visit to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands on December 30, 2018.
Here he released a commemorative postal stamp, 75 rupees coin.
He renamed Ross Island as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep,i. Neil Island as Shaheed Dweep ii. Havelock Island as Swaraj Dweep.
2. Government extends Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme for Middle Income Group scheme till 31st march, 2020.
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) is one of the components under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) wherein the Central Government offers interest subsidy to eligible customers.
Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs- Hardeep Singh Puri (MOS independent charge)
3. Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved the proposal for amendments made in Rules-12 and Rule-17 of the Rajasthan Judicial Service Rules
As per the rule, the minimum age limit for general category in Rajasthan judicial service has been reduced from 23 to 21 years and maximum age limit is increased from 35 to 40 years.
4. The Congress-led Madhya Pradesh Government is going to create an Adhyatmik Vibhag (spiritual department) by merging several existing departments.
It is going to be formed by merging Dharmik Nyas Evam Dharmasv Department (Religious Trust and Endowment Department) and Anand Vibhag (Happiness Department) in addition to the Directorate of Religious Trust and Endowment, Madhya Pradesh Teerth Evam Mela Pradhikaran and Rajya Anand Sansthan.
Madhya Pradesh had become the first state in the country to create Happiness Department.5. Deen Dayal Veterinary University, is going to set up first goat fertility lab in Uttar Pradesh.
It is set up under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
6. 100% Houses in 25 States Electrified Under Saubhagya Yojana
The Saubhagya Scheme or Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana is an Indian government project to provide electricity to all households. The project was announced in September 2017 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Only about 10.48 lakh households are left to be electrified in 4 states – Assam, Rajasthan, Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh.
7. Giriraj Singh, Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has established an Export Promotion Cell with an aim to create a sustainable ecosystem for entire MSME development.
8. Govt infuses Rs 10,882 crore capital in four Public Sector Banks – Bank of Maharashtra, Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, Central Bank of India.
9. Telangana, Andhra Pradesh are getting separate High Courts
The Telangana High Court will be located in Hyderabad.
Justice TBN Radhakrishnan will be sworn-in as first Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court.
10. On 2nd January 2019, the government gave out the 6-crore free cooking gas (LPG) under the Scheme Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).
Under the scheme, the government provides a subsidy of Rs 1,600 to state-owned fuel retailers for every free LPG gas connection that they give to poor households.
Beneficiaries will receive direct LPG subsidy through PAHAL (Pratyaksha Hatakambari Laabh) digital payment scheme.
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A