Current Affairs 2019-20
July Spotlight 2020
🗓️ July 2020
- According to the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute’s data, India’s marine fish production has registered a marginal increase of 1% in 2019 AS compared to the previous year.
- The country recorded 56 million tonnes in total landings (production) during 2019.
- Tamil Nadu took the first position in landings with 75 lakh tonnes. It was followed by Gujarat (7.49 lakh tonnes) and Kerala (5.44 lakh tonnes).
- India is ranked 3rd after China (at 1st) and Indonesia (at 2nd) in world marine fish production.
- Goa govt has allocated 14,380 square metres of land to Konkan Maritime Cluster (a group of 49 MSME units) for setting up India’s first Maritime Cluster.
- CMD of the project, Suraj Dialani, asserts that this cluster will build world class facilities for ship designers, ship and boat builders, ship repairers etc.
- The project is supported by Union Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of MSME and the state govt of Goa.
- Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa has launched ‘Skill Connect Forum’ – a portal to connect job seekers with employers on a common platform where the information regarding available jobs will be provided.
- An unemployed person will be skill-trained to get a job on this platform.
- Assam government has announced an ordinance to allow conversion of land by MSME to set up industries on the basis of a self-declaration — without the requirement of any “permission, clearance or licence” for three
- The ordinance is yet to receive the Governor’s approval.
- Madhya Pradesh has launched a ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ means My Home-My school scheme, in which children will be taught at home in a school-like environment.
- Ministry of MSMEs has launched “Udyam Registration” – a new portal for MSME registration and classification (as per the new definition) w.e.f., July 1.
- Govt has clarified that except this portal and the government’s Single Window Facilitation System, no other private online or offline system, service, agency or person is authorised or entitled to do MSME registration.
- Asia’s First Continuous Galvanized Rebar Production Facility has been established near Gobindgarh in Punjab by International Zinc Association (IZA) and Madhav KRG Group, along with Hindustan Zinc Limited.
- It has an annual capacity of over 30,000 tonne. The plant will manufacture ZnCoat TempCore TMT bars under the brand name, ‘Jyoti’.
- Jyoti will be the first brand in Asia to use Continuous Galvanized Rebar (CGR) technology that increases the life span of rebars thereby reduces the overall maintenance cost.
- Rebar is used in buildings to strengthen their structure.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has extended the Operation Greens Scheme (launched in 2018) from tomato, onion and potato (TOP) crops to all Perishable Fruits & Vegetables (TOP to Total) by adding 18 more crops.
- Aim – to protect the growers of fruits and vegetables from making distress sale due to lockdown and reduce the post -harvest losses.
- Duration of Scheme: – 6 months w.e.f., 11th June, 2020.
50% subsidy will be provided to farmers on transportation and storage facilities cost for a maximum of 3 months.
Current Affairs 2019-20
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A