Current Affairs 2019
May Spotlight 2019
🗓️ May 2019
1. To tackle hacking attacks from China and Pakistan, Indian Defence Ministry will form a Defence Cyber Agency (DCA), headquartered in New Delhi, to be headed by Navy officer Mohit Gupta.
DCA is one of the three agencies along with the Special Forces and Space to be set up after the discussion at the Combined Commanders’ Conference in Jodhpur last year.
2. Chandrayaan 2- ISRO’s second mission to moon- would be launched in July.
It has three modules- Orbiter, Lander (Vikram) and Rover (Pragyan)
Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle- GSLV MKIII will carry the modules into space.
Purpose: – It will attempt a soft landing on moon.
Chandrayaan 1 was launched in 2008 by using PSLV rocket.
3. According to data of Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, Iraq has been the top oil suppliers to India in 2018-19 with 46.61 million tonnes during April 2018- March 2019, 2% more than 45.74 mt in 2017-18 fiscal.
India provisionally imported 207.3 mt of crude oil in 2018-19, down from 220.4 mt in the previous financial year.
4. Ministry of Defence has given a ₹6,311 crore contract to build 8 Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft (ASWSWCs) for the Indian Navy to Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited (GRSE).
Cochin Shipyard Ltd. has also got the contract to build 8 ASWSWCs at ₹6,311 crore for the Indian Navy.
5. A unique life size stucco sculpture (1.73 meters in height and 35cm in width) has been excavated at the Buddhist site Phangiri, Telangana by the State Archaeological Department.
The human sized figurine represents a Bodhisattva belonging to Jathaka Chakra.
6. For the second time after 8 years, India will hold a pavilion in the 58th Venice Biennale Arts event.
The pavilion’s theme will be “Hundred and Fifty Years of Mahatma Gandhi”
The Venice Biennale’s 2019 theme will be “Our Time for a Future Caring”.
7. For the first time, Indian Air Force will fly its Sukhoi SU 30 fighter jets from the civilian airports at Assam, West Bengal and Mizoram to improve wartime preparedness.
The Sukhoi Su-30 are developed by Russia’s Sukhoi.
8. Mangaluru, Karnataka has launched an all women police force ‘Rani Abbakka Force’ to handle issues related to women and children.
9. The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India and IIT- Delhi have signed an MoU for Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies, in commemoration of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Reason:– To implement sustainable, scientific and technological solutions for waste management.
10. With the launch of ‘Bharat Fibre’, BSNL has become the first operator to start optical fibre-based high-speed broadband service in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir.
This is the first such FTTH (Fibre-To-The-Home) service deployment in the (Kashmir) Valley under this unique revenue share model.
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A