Current Affairs 2019-20
November Spotlight 2020
🗓️ November 2020
1. Ministry of Ayush and Invest India have collaborated to setup Strategic Policy and Facilitation Bureau to facilitate systematic growth of AYUSH sector.
2. Govt is planning to establish 14 more water aerodromes across the country under the Regional Connectivity scheme – UDAN.
- A water aerodrome or seaplane base is an area of open water used by seaplanes, float-planes and amphibious aircraft for landing and taking off.
- India’s first seaplane service and water aerodrome has been built in Gujarat.
3. Jammu and Kashmir L-G Manoj Sinha inaugurated the Mansar Lake Development plan for rejuvenation of the lake, situated 62 kms from Jammu.
- The project will generate Rs 800 crore of income every year and employment of about 1.15 crore man-days.
- Wular and Dal are the other two major lakes of J&K.
4. Department of Pharmaceuticals has revised guidelines of the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for promoting domestic manufacturing of bulk drugs and medical devices.
- The ‘minimum threshold’ investment requirement has been replaced by ‘committed investment’ (which will be in accordance with the suitability of the company).
- The provision which restricts the sales of eligible products to domestic sales only (to make a company eligible under the scheme) for receiving incentives has been deleted.
- Minimum annual production capacity for 10 products has been changed.
- The scheme has been extended by one year, till 2023 instead of 2022.
- Empowered Committees of the schemes, chaired by the Amitabh Kant – CEO of NITI Aayog, reviewed the recommendations given on the scheme and prepared the final guidelines.
5. Telangana has launched the state’s first Rythu Vedika-an exclusive place for farmers for meeting and discussing about crops, pricing and other related issues – in Rajanna Sircilla district.
- Telangana’s Mission Bhagirathi was implemented in 1998 to ensure safe and sustainable PIPED drinking water supply from surface water sources.
6. CJI SA Bobde has inaugurated India’s first ever e-resource centre and virtual court for traffic and transport at Katol in Nagpur called Nyay Kaushal.
Traffic challan cases of Maharashtra, e-filling of cases in supreme court, any high court and taluka courts across the country – will be facilitated by Nyay Kaushal.
7. Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of Indo-Israeli Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation at Khetri on the outskirts of Guwahati.
- Investment – Rs 10.33 Crore.
- Benefit – to provide exposure to latest Israeli technologies to state’s farmers to increase their production and income.
8. INS Airavat has reached Port Sudan as a part of Mission Sagar-II.
- Mission Sagar – to provide food and aid to friendly neighbouring countries to overcome natural calamities and COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mission Sagar Phase 1 – food and medicines were provided to Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Comoros by INS Kesari in May-June 2020.
- Mission Sagar Phase 2 – to Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti and Eritrea.
Current Affairs 2019-20
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A