Current Affairs 2019-20
November Spotlight 2019
🗓️ November 2019
1. Hyderabad has been designed as the UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy and Mumbai has been designated as Creative City of Films on the World Cities Day (Oct 31).
- Chennai and Varanasi are UNESCO cities of music while Jaipur is the City of Crafts and Folk Arts.
- In 2019, total 66 cities have been designated as UNESCO Creative Cities by the Director-General of UNESCO, Audrey Azoulay.
- UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) covers 7 creative fields: crafts and folk arts, media arts, film, design, gastronomy, literature and music.
- UCCN was created in 2004 and has 180 cities in total. It aims to promote cooperation for sustainable urban development.
2. 73rd Infantry Day is celebrated on October 27 every year to commemorate the first Infantry action after independence.
- Army chief General Bipin Rawat has released a commemorative stamp on Siachen Glacier, issued by the Department of Post.
3. Under the Augmentation of Basic Amenities and Development of Heritage and Architecture (ABADHA) scheme, the Odisha government will transform Puri (city in Odisha) into a world heritage city.
- ABADHA scheme was launched by the State Government in 2017-18.
- Cyclone Fani had devastated Puri.
- Shree Setu project, Musa river revival plan, Jagannath Ballav pilgrim centre etc. are the some of the projects being taken up under ABADHA scheme.
4. Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-India, East Asia Summit and Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) summits 2019 will be held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Thailand PM Prayut Chan-o-cha will co-chair the ASEAN-India summit.
5. PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Technology Demonstration Site at Kevadia in Gujarat which will demonstrate modern technologies including the exhibition of lethal and non-lethal arms.
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A