Current Affairs 2019-20
October Spotlight 2019
🗓️ October 2019
1. The 2nd edition of the Modi-Xi informal summit is being held in Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu.
• The first informal meet was held at Wuhan, China in 2018.
• India has relaxed its e-visa policy for Chinese nationals. Now, Chinese can apply for an e-Tourist visa with a 5-year validity with multiple entries.
• Visa fee has been reduced across categories of e-Tourist visa.
• The existing e-conference visa, e-medical visa and 1-year multiple-entry e-business visa will continue to be issued from online platform of Indian visas.
2. Intellectual property index 2019, developed by US chamber of commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC), ranked India at 36th (from 44 position in 2018) out of 50 countries and USA at the top countries. (released in Feb 2019)
• It ranks countries based on 45 indicators that are critical to an innovation-led economy supported by robust patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret protection.
3. Social progress index 2019, developed by Social progress imperative, ranked India at 102 position out of 149 countries and Norway at the top position.
• India’s GDP PPP per capita is $6,899 (rank – 95).
• The index measures countries on 3 dimensions – Basic Human Needs, Foundation of Well Being, Opportunity. • Under these three dimensions, there are several components:
Current Affairs 2019
About RBI Grade B
About SEBI Grade A
About NABARD Grade A